Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holocaust museum

At the museum today, what I found most interesting was a letter I read. There was a letter from a Jewish man sending it to his wife from a different ethnicity. He was confessing his love for her and saying not to forget him. He was explaining that he was in a labor/death camp and has witnessed cruelty he would never imagine. At the end of the letter h said, kisses from my heart. Never forget me and keep me with you forever. There is not much time for me. I love you.

This letter really stuck out to me because I found it extremely sad and so strong. I can't even imagine writing a letter because I would be killed any minute. It was so strong because even after everything that had happened to him he still had enough feeling to love another. I find that would be so hard. This was extremely interesting and way way sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment